Tucson BikeFest has been taking over the city all month long! Throughout April, there are fun cycling events all across Tucson. Presented by Living Streets Alliance, Tucson BikeFest is celebrating life on two wheels.
Even though the month is winding down, you can still check out events for the rest of the month on the BikeFest Calendar. Some of our favorite events are:
- Wednesday April 20th: A Sunset Ride to Dragoon Brewing Co. (5:30PM – 7:30PM)
- A nice and easy ride from Transit Cycles at Mercado San Agustin along the Santa Cruz River Path to enjoy a few brews at Dragoon Brewing Company’s tap room! Meet up at 5:30 at the Mercado and depart at 6 to head to the brewery. The ride is about 4 miles and takes less than 30 minutes.
- Saturday April 23rd: Bike Mamas Ride (10AM – 12PM)
- A fun, easy ride for mamas (and other parents and wannabe parents) to get to know other mamas and their hauling bikes and cargo! Whether you’re an experienced bike mama or a newbie with a bunch of questions about safety, gear, routes, etc., we’d love you to join the fun on this ~5 mile/two playground ride. We’ll meet at the co-op and depart for a playground, have some fun, and then return to Catalina Park splash pad for picnic and water fun. Bring your food, water, sunscreen, hats and helmets. There may even be loaner trailers and set-ups; get in touch if you have one to lend or need one to borrow.
- Saturday April 23rd: Bike-In Movie: Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure (7:15PM – 9:00PM)
- Tuesday April 26th: “Roll with the Mayor” Free Breakfast and Ride (7:00AM – 8:30AM)
- Enjoy a free breakfast hosted by Whole Foods Market, then join City of Tucson Mayor Jonathan Rothschild for a bike ride to work. The event is open to anyone on their bikes going to work, to school, to run errands, etc. You can just hop on your bike and join us for breakfast even if you’re commuting a different direction and can’t ride with the Mayor. Breakfast will be served starting at 7:00 AM. The Mayor’s ride will leave Whole Foods at 7:45am and head downtown via the University/3rd Street Bike Boulevard.
- Tuesday April 26th: Tuesday Night Bike Race (8:30PM – 10:00PM)
- We Gather at the UofA Flagpole (OldMain)/(East end of University Blvd) – Gathering begins @ 8pm. Ride leaves around 8:30pm/ We Ride around 5-15 miles, random routes each week. We usually have around 100+ people join us for this Great Bike Parade!!! All are Welcome!
What events are you most excited about? Let us know what you love about Tucson BikeFest in the comment section below!